Monday, July 11, 2005

The Hunt Begins...

It may be still 2 years away, but we've already been looking for venues, bands, printers etc.. for our wedding. We have found a wonderful venue for the whole wedding. It is an hours drive away, but includes a beautiful chapel, a small charming garden and an elegant reception hall. We have spoken at length about our desires for the venue, and one that caters for the whole thing seems to be the best. This removes the worries of timing, travelling from one venue to the other, and people can watch the photos if they wish, or move inside for drinks.

I don't think it is polite to invite someone to your wedding, but not the reception. Some people may pessimistically think of the reception as a free feed, but why would you want someone like that at any part of the wedding? Trust me, I know how much it costs to feed 60 guests, but if I was invited to the ceremony but not the reception, I would be insulted. Food is food - I don't wait for weddings to eat, but to be left out of the reception is like being told that I'm not quite important. Just don't bother!

What is the point of my rant? I'm just adding another reason for why one venue suits us, because Janet and I want the same people to share the ceremony and reception. I may be bright eyed, but people who are important to Janet and I should be there and no one else.

- Stu

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Oooh, do tell me the venue, privately if you wish jaded-dj@hushmail.com

7/20/2005 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home